Hello, fashion lovers! Welcome to my blog, where I share my passion for all things stylish and glamorous. Today, I want to talk about the best fashion models in history, the ones who defined beauty and grace on the runway and beyond. These are the supermodels who made history with their iconic looks, personalities and achievements. Let's take a look at some of them, shall we?
- **Lisa Fonssagrives**: She is widely considered to be the first supermodel ever, starting her career in the 1930s and appearing on more than 200 magazine covers. She was a muse for photographers like Irving Penn (whom she married), Horst P. Horst and Richard Avedon. She also designed her own clothing line and was known for her elegance and sophistication.
- **Dovima**: She was one of the most famous models of the 1950s, known for her aristocratic features and dramatic poses. She starred in the film Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire, and was immortalized in the famous photo "Dovima with Elephants" by Avedon, wearing a Dior gown between two circus elephants.
- **Jean Shrimpton**: She was the face of the 1960s, a symbol of the youthquake and the Swinging London. She popularized the miniskirt, the false eyelashes and the pixie cut. She was also one of the first models to earn a high salary and to have global fame. She appeared on countless covers and editorials, and inspired many designers and photographers .
- **Twiggy**: She was another icon of the 1960s, with her boyish figure, big eyes and short hair. She was nicknamed "The Face of '66" by the Daily Express, and became a sensation in both sides of the Atlantic. She also ventured into acting, singing and dancing, winning two Golden Globes for her role in The Boy Friend.
- **Veruschka von Lehndorff**: She was one of the most exotic and versatile models of the 1960s and 1970s, with her tall stature (6'1"), blonde hair and green eyes. She was famous for her ability to transform herself into different characters and scenarios, often using body paint and props. She appeared in more than a dozen films, including Blow-Up by Michelangelo Antonioni .
- **Jerry Hall**: She was one of the most glamorous models of the 1970s and 1980s, with her long legs, blonde mane and Texas accent. She was a muse for artists like Andy Warhol and Lucian Freud, and a partner for rock stars like Bryan Ferry and Mick Jagger (with whom she had four children). She graced more than 40 covers of Vogue and was one of the highest-paid models of her time .
- **Linda Evangelista**: She was one of the original supermodels of the 1980s and 1990s, along with Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford and Claudia Schiffer. She was known for her chameleon-like ability to change her look and hair color, famously saying "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day". She has appeared on more than 700 magazine covers and has worked with every major fashion house and photographer .
- **Naomi Campbell**: She is one of the most successful and influential models of all time, as well as one of the first black women to break barriers in the fashion industry. She started her career at 15 and became part of the elite group of supermodels that dominated the 1980s and 1990s. She is known for her stunning beauty, fierce walk and fiery personality. She has also been involved in many charitable causes and has pursued other ventures like acting, singing and writing .
- **Kate Moss**: She is one of the most iconic models of the 1990s and 2000s, representing the grunge and heroin chic aesthetics. She rose to fame as part of the "waif" phenomenon, challenging the conventional standards of beauty. She has been on more than 300 covers of Vogue and has collaborated with many designers, photographers and artists. She is also a fashion designer herself, creating collections for Topshop and Longchamp .
- **Gisele Bündchen**: She is one of the most successful and richest models of all time, as well as one of the last supermodels of the 20th century. She started her career in the late 1990s and became a sensation in the 2000s, with her curvy figure, golden hair and Brazilian charm. She has been the face of countless brands and campaigns, and has also been a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations Environment Programme. She is married to NFL star Tom Brady and has two children .
These are just some of the best fashion models in history, but there are many more who have left their mark on the world of fashion and beyond. They are not only beautiful, but also talented, smart and inspiring. They are supermodels in every sense of the word.